With the Performance Trend Dashboard users now have the ability to easily perform trend analysis without the need of a Data Analyst. These dashboards are fast and easy to build. The dashboard offers two pre-built charts and one pre-built data table (described below) that give an easy-to-understand visual summary of the data trend, and the different chart types provide an at-a-glance overview as well as detailed breakdown.
By analyzing how scores change over time, you can uncover areas where your business is improving and areas that may be declining. These insights can be used to inform action plans to scale success or drive improvements moving forward. In addition, when you introduce new initiatives, you can see how these initiatives have impacted you business over time.
Additionally, this dashboard will allow you to chart data from multiple programs and products. For example: You can now chart CSAT scores against mystery shopping scores AND chart Survey cleanliness scores vs. operational scores focused on cleanliness.
As with all configurable static dashboards, users create and share multiple versions of the dashboard. For instance, Users can create a dashboard for specific questions, sections, tags, programs or products. This allows users to cover all of their desired data points and metrics.
Check out our video overview here:
Chart 1: Trends Over Time
The line graph provides a visual representation of trends over time. You can easily observe changes month to month for the data points the dashboard creator has selected.
Chart 2: Monthly Comparison Table with Change from Previous Month
The table gives a more detailed summary of changes over time. You will be able to see month to month performance as well as the amount in which you have either increased or decreased compared to the previous month.
Chart 3: Sum of Data Over Given Time Period
The bar chart provides the overall sum of the data points selected by the creator over the given time period. You can see what areas of their business are performing the best and what areas are not up to business standards.
View a Performance Trend Dashboard
|Note: In order to view a performance trend dashboard, an admin user, or user with 'Advanced IQ' permissions must have previously created and shared a version of this dashboard with you.|
- Within Intelligence (IQ), navigate to the dashboard menu.
- Select the Performance Trend Dashboard.
- If you have Performance Trend views available to you, the top selection from your available list will load. Navigate between Performance Trend views by opening the View Selector within the dashboard as shown below.
- Favorite your most visited performance trend view(s) to bring the view(s) to the top of the list by selecting the star icon . A solid (filled) star indicates the view has been favorited.
If you do not have any performance trend views available, you will arrive at an empty state. If permitted, you can create a Performance trend view. Otherwise, an admin user or user with 'Advanced IQ' permissions must create and share a performance trend view with you.
Performance Trend Features
The following features are available for the Performance Trend dashboard:
- Global Filters (note: some views may have fixed filters applied)
- Add to Favorites (note: this will move views to the top of the list)
- PDF download
Create a Performance Trend Dashboard
|Note: In order to create a performance trend dashboard, you must be an admin user, or have been granted the 'Advanced IQ' user permission.|
- Navigate to the Performance trend dashboard
- Select the '+' icon within the blue menu bar
- Provide a name for the new Performance Trend view, and determine who this view should be shared with. Note: These settings CAN be adjusted later.
- Each performance trend must focus on a single metric. You may choose from:
- Record Count (Sum)
- Score Percentage (Min, Max, or Average)
- Score Value (Min, Max, or Average)
- Each performance trend must focus on a single data type. You may choose from:
- Question Tag
- Once you have selected you data focus, you can begin adding individual data points via drill down selector using the '+'. You may add multiple data points, and as you add data points, the preview pane will update.
- Once you have added your data, click on the Filters tab. Here you will select the time period you would like to view for trending. Additionally, if you wish to apply any fixed filters to your view, such as a hierarchy node filter, you can do so here.
- If you wish to change the name or sharing settings of the view, this can be done via the 'Settings' tab.
- When you are finished, save your view.
Manage Performance Trend Views
|Note: In order to manage a performance trend dashboards, you must be an admin user, or have been granted the 'Advanced IQ' user permission. Users with 'Advanced IQ' permissions are only permitted to modify the views they have created.|
Management features of the performance trend dashboard include:
- Edit (update any of the fields throughout the create process)
- Copy (duplicate the view to share with additional users, or create an additional similar view)
- Delete (remove the view for ALL users)