What is a Workflow?
Workflows allow organizations to evaluate aggregate data for each location in a set of locations (or all locations), and if the aggregate results for the location meet a specified condition, initiate an action such as, create a case or assign a Check audit to the location.
How do they work?
One the schedule set via the 'Frequency' setting, the set of data that matches the product selection, filter conditions, and look back period is aggregated for each location that the workflow applies to ('Locations' setting).
If the aggregate result for the location meets the workflow condition ('Condition' setting) then the action for the workflow is initiated for the location.
Each location whose aggregate result meets the workflow condition will have the specified action initiated for the location.
Can you give me an example of how we might use workflows?
Sure! A typical use case for workflows would be to evaluate a location's aggregate performance over a period of time against an organizational standard and if the location is not meeting or exceeding the standard:
1) assign a case to the 'Location Manager' to reinforce the standard with additional training
2) assign a Check audit to the location that reinforces the standard
The DDC organization performs a monthly Health and Safety Audit. Many locations perform very well on the audit, but they want to ensure those that are underperforming boost their adherence to the corporate standard. DDC sets up a workflow to assign a shorter 'Daily Health and Safety Check' IntouchCheck audit to the locations that are not meeting the standards, focusing on the most critical areas.
- The monthly Health and Safety Audit is performed as an 'Audit' service by Intouch Insight. In this case, the product is 'Audit'. If DDC performed the monthly health and safety audits internally, the product might be 'Check'.
- The frequency of this workflow is daily because the action (assign an audit to the location) will occur daily.
- Since the locations are open 7 days a week, this will 'Recur' daily (as opposed to 'weekdays').
- They want the safety check to be performed before the store opens, so they set the time to 2am, which is during closed hours. This ensures the audit will be there first thing in the AM.
- The company benchmark for the health and safety audit is 80%, so the applied condition is:
- Condition: 'Score Percentage'
- Function: 'Average'
- Operator: 'Less than'
- Value: 80
- All locations are expected to meet this benchmark, so 'All' locations setting is applied.
- Since the Health and Safety audit is performed monthly they want to make sure they are looking at data from a long enough period of time that 1) there is definitely at least 1 audit and 2) they will be performing the daily audit for at least one month to ensure to reinforce habits that lead to a long term improvement. They decided to look at the past 100 days to ensure the average accounts for at least 3 audits.
- Lookback Type: Dynamic
- Days to lookback: 100
- In this case, they are looking at the results of only one audit program (the health and safety check), so they set a data filter for:
- Program is IntouchAudit product, Health and Safety program.
- Since they want to assign a Check audit (an instance of their 'Daily Health and Safety Check' checklist) to the locations that meet the criteria, they select:
- Action: Audit
- Audit: Daily Health and Safety Check